“What frameworks are commonly used to develop web applications?” That is always a question that many programmers are interested in. It plays a decisive role because it is the backbone made up of pre-written code. Thanks to frameworks, developers develop web applications more efficiently and quickly. To find out the best web app development framework, please refer to Omatech through the article below.
What is a web app development framework?
Web application frameworks are software frameworks used to streamline web applications and website development. It also provides web services and web resources.
Framework is a library of pre-built code for us to use. It provides us with the necessary basic functions. It is something that programmers often have to use when conducting software development, web, …
The framework can be likened to a set of “Materials” in each field for programmers. Instead they have to spend a lot of time designing themselves before using. They can get them from the web app framework. Therefore, the programmer only needs to learn and exploit these materials and then bind them together, creating products.
The Web framework includes web services, web resources, and web APIs. It provides the necessary functionality to create a WEB application.
Top best web app development frameworks
Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is a powerful and exciting framework built on the Ruby programming language. The first version of Ruby on Rails was introduced to the community in 2015. Ruby on Rails is free and open source software developed by David Heinemeier Hansson.
Using Ruby programmers can develop many different types of applications in addition to creating websites. For example, software that runs on a personal computer or a server. Ruby on Rails is a web framework written using the Ruby language. Ruby on Rails is limited to building and developing web applications.
- Easy-to-learn Ruby language, complete framework (full-stack), insightful and intelligent function definitions (with conventions)
- Rails uses less code than other frameworks, creating prototypes quickly but with low maintenance costs.
- Understanding Rails, you will easily understand other modern frameworks of PHP, Python, ..
- Limited to building and developing web applications only
- Ruby applications are resource intensive to deploy and use in production environments
By far, one of the most known and used frameworks in Python is Django. Django is a model-view-template (MVT), mainly used for creating web applications.
It is recognized for its excellent built-in security and “batteries-included” feature. Django is very intuitive, flexible, and easily extensible. Pinterest, Instagram, and Quora all use django for their web development..
- Using Django allows for clean and efficient code
- Above-average security support
- Has an impressive, diverse set of built-in features and an integrated administration interface.
- The framework itself is quite rigid in some respects
- It’s a bit cumbersome to deploy
Spring framework is an open source Java Platform. It is a lightweight solution for Java Enterprise. With Spring Framework developers can create highly performant, testable and reusable code.
The core features of Spring Framework can be used in developing any Java application. Or build web applications on the Java EE platform. Spring Framework’s goal is to make J2EE application development easier. It promotes better programming using the POJO-based model.
Spring Framework is often used when developing large scale systems.
- Simplify development through the use of simple Java objects also known as POJOs (Plain Old Java Objects)
- Loosening the binding between components through the use of Dependency Injection and writing interfaces
- Approach declarative programming using common rules and aspects
- Minimize boilerplate and ritual codes through the use of templates and facets
- Java professionals can use Spring to upgrade applications, handle heavy user base and traffic.
- Difficult to implement and implement
Originally released in 2011 by Taylor Otwell, Laravel is an MVC framework using the most popular PHP language. This framework is extremely suitable for beginners, and is also a great choice for experienced developers.
- It’s easy to get started and the Laracasts tutorial library is a huge resource
- There are enough videos covering everything from PHP to other frontend technologies compatible with Laravel.
- Laravel comes with API support.
- Not suitable and quite restrictive for large projects
Web app development frameworks are extremely useful tools for programmers when developing web applications. Each framework has its own strengths and weaknesses. In the process of working, you can learn more deeply and use it flexibly to support the work of the business in the most effective way.
Hopefully, through our sharing. You can choose the appropriate web app development framework.